View Single Post
Old 05-06-2023, 09:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
dbyrer

Originally Posted by Strawbz11 View Post
My boyfriend is 2.5 years sober. We've been on and off due to his intense emotions and honestly he's been vile in the past. He has a very caring sweet side. But he can ruin it in seconds when he can't handle a disagreement. He never sorts issues with me. If he's in a foul mood or tired and I quieten down around him, he then snaps that I'm being moody. He wouldn't entertain its the vibes I'm receiving from him. He then usually sends me home like a naughty child and we go through the rest of the day on silence or him listing why its always me.

He's actually arranged a weekend away for us at the end of May. He's actually trying as we've never been away. Overall he's learned to be kinder with his words. He no longer swears at me and he is alot better in that respect. I am not making excuses but he did need to learn to handle his emotions after drinking.

Anyway he's working away and living in hotels..no home..but hes starting to put his life together. When we split up last year he ended up at a friend's flat. This wasn't exactly a friend.it was a local addict he had got speaking too. This addict is a thief etc. I think part of the reason he reached out to me again was he needed my help to find somewhere sensible and help him get out that flat. He has gained weight and I now house his dog. I see he's becoming a better man..

Whats bothering me though is he's got Itno a new habit of everything I tell him about my day. Work. Friends.house etc. He is so disinterested when I talk. He makes me spit out what I want to say real fast and I feel I can't get Into details before I feel he's sick of hearing it. He keeps telling me I waffle! Whatever I talk about. Its waffle to him. Yet he talks about his work and people around him to me all the time. Infact I get run downs on the women in the hotel he's staying at that work there. The minute I mentioned who's house I was cleaning this week he tells me he doesn't see why he needs to know that and its of no interest to him. He makes me feel so thick and uninteresting. I said to him he doesn't care about what I say. He said don't be silly ofcourse I do. But I can see he's being rude. He's also constantly saying I'm messy. Forgetful etc.

I've started using a gradual tanning product on my legs. He went into a local highstreet on saturday and got me a different brand of this stuff. He originally said he was going to buy it for himself. But then he phoned me and said he'd gone in and told the girl in the shop his girlfriend had really pale legs and it was affecting her confidence so she won't wear skirts or shorts in the summer. I actually did a shocked laugh. He said I'm.just saying it how it is!
He is constantly telling me he wants me to buy clothes and feel good about myself. I hate it. He makes me feel stupid and inexperienced
Why in the world would you put up with being treated that way by anyone?