Thread: Day 1 again.
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2023, 07:14 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
DeplorableDog
The Dog

Originally Posted by MKRN View Post
Day 3, just have a headache. I am really trying to talk the AV voice down. In my mind I am thinking I can drink again, I can control it, I can't do this forever, life will be no fun. We are taveling from the US to Ireland in June and I know I am going to want to have a beer. That is going to be a challenge. But am just taking it one day at a time. Today I will not drink. I am already at home and about to go and work in my yard.
Yesterday I reached two weeks. For some reason I had the worst craving for some whiskey that I have had in two weeks. I was thinking "All I have to do is get in the truck and drive a mile to the liquor store, come home, take some shots snd go to bed. No one would ever know." But I did not do that. I could not come here and post day 15 had I done that. I know my most tempting point will be in the mornings. I work third shift. When I was drinking I would come home, wait for my wife to leave for work and then drink until I went to bed. My wife knew I drank she just complained if she saw me drinking so I waited an hour after I came home till she left. For the past year I quit several times. Then I thought, "If I control how much I drink I will be fine." I would start out controlling it but every signal time I would loose my control sooner or later. Some people can control how much they can drink but alcoholics cannot and never will be able too.