Old 04-21-2023, 12:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Batgirl273

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
Yes it will make you cuckoo for cocopops.

But when you find yourself dwelling, challenge it. What makes you think that the lying, cheating addict is all of a sudden an upstanding person?

Maybe the new woman is accepting of his alcoholism. He may have told her she is the one! He posts happy pictures on facebook.

Were you two ever happy, particularly in the beginning? If you posted pictures at that time, wouldn't your relationship seem fantastic? Was it?

In time he will do the same things again, unless he has had an amazing epiphany (seems unlikely don't you think).
Well, the epiphany is what he allegedly had when he came back after 2 years lol. It took 3-4 months for old behaviors to show again even though we started off on the right path with communicating and honesty.

And yeah, you're right. I think back to when we first met and how he treated me, how eager I was to believe him.. how charming he was. His ex watched that all unfold on socials too and thought he changed for me. Wrong. I don't know why I'm selling myself a different narrative that I was collateral damage in him becoming a better partner for someone else. Probably because he moved on so fast and I am still heartbroken, scared and trying to process.