View Single Post
Old 04-11-2023, 03:27 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Shamrock51

I had a really wonderful day at work yesterday and on the way home I bought a special dinner, because Easter had been so nice. I came home and Michelle was awake and on the phone with her mother. When she got off of the phone I told her I was making a special dinner because Easter had been so nice. You guys, I bought prime rib. It took 5 hours to cook, LOL. We ate at midnight and laughed. That is the first time either one of us has laughed in a long time. Michelle did not drink.

I am on my guard but I am enjoying the peace. I asked Michelle if she wanted to go to AA and she declined. That's all I said about it. Michelle could have gone and gotten money out of her account today, but she did not. I don't know why, and I don't pretend that it will necessarily last. However, for just this minute, I am allowing myself to feel peace. I am telling Michelle tonight again that if she continues to drink past May 1st that either she or I will have to leave. We will separate. I am going to break into emergency funds if I have to, because that is what they are for. I want to make sure she hears me, regardless of what she chooses to do or not to do. But for today, I will take peace. Thanks y'all. S