View Single Post
Old 04-08-2023, 03:32 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Free2bme888

Shamrock,

Im glad you can keep posting despite some rock tossing comments, you didn’t deserve.

Sometimes the hardest thing to do, is the right thing to do. Taking care of ourselves is hard, and you came here for support, and most of us do just that.

There is a button, or there used to be, “ignore”. I’ve had to use it for some members sometimes. That way, if they post, you won’t see their message unless you click a view buttons.

You can always undo the feature as well.

For me, addiction is not a disease, any more than I thought smoking cigarettes was a disease that I had. I was addicted to an addicting substance, and I made a choice to stop.

When I was married to AEXH, I suggested (before I became addicted), that his “weekend drinking be Friday and Saturday, instead of Thursday through Tuesday”. His reply was, “I can drink as much and as often as I please”.

I said, “yes,, actually, you ARE right, you can! but I’m not staying married to that”.

I am not of the group believing we have “no choice but to stop”, I think the choice is precisely the freedom.

Moving forward is great, and I hope you keep posting for support.