View Single Post
Old 04-07-2023, 06:28 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Shamrock51

I have had 3 years of solid recovery, with one week of relapse. I do not ascribe to the idea that I have to start all over. I got myself up, and feel right as I did before the relapse. So for me, I am 3 years sober, and they have been the best years of my life. My relapse was almost an "if you can't beat them, join them" idea, which I quickly realized was a huge mistake.

My sobriety is not in jeopardy at all at this point. I am right back to myself again and the last drink I had was March 20th. My wife was unaware that I drank. I own that I had a relapse, but I own my 3 years of solid, as TC said, recovery. And by recovery, I mean the real kind, with real work. Not white knuckling it, no merely abstaining. True sobriety. I own it. But I am not a believer that I am now on day 17. To me, I am still at 3 years because I will NOT, under any circumstances, drink again. It didn't take long to figure out where that was going to lead.

So, continuing with my story. I fell asleep tonight at 6 and woke up again at 9 to Michelle being drunk. I don't know what made her go out and buy wine, but she took my card and did. So that is where I am right now.