View Single Post
Old 03-04-2023, 09:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Farrier

I agree with RecklessDrunk.

I'm not too far ahead of you in sobrietyTWB - 5/9/2022, but I'm also neck deep in AA and I truly believe that's what got me to where I'm at now.

I had my first panic attack about 4 years ago. I called 911that day because I was convinced that death was minutes away. Unfortunately that wasn't the end of it, despite the Dr's telling me that my body was in good shape. I became afraid to drive myself anywhere, or go anywhere on my own, and was to the point that I was afraid to leave my own house. I had thoughts about taking myself out because of the fear I lived in.

I got psychiatric help and was prescribed Zoloft, which I still take today. It took me a while to get over my ego that I had to have Zoloft but it did help. Now it wasn't a cure all, though. I don't believe that I kinda, sorta figured out how to more easily manage those attacks until I got sober and allowed myself to be vulnerable and to peer really deep into my past. I was dragging so much baggage in my life that I never saw or accepted. This is where the AA program and the connections with people that I met in AA opened doors that I was too blind to see.

You are not alone in this,TWB. I hope that you continue to check in and share your life us.

Take good care of yourself,
Jason