View Single Post
Old 02-14-2023, 02:09 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Mizz

What are the positives about burnout and resigning from your job?

Positive: I get this time to recover. Fully recover. I didn't think this would happen but the Universe, my nervous system, and my brain had a different plan. Sobriety allowed me the courage to take action that I would not have otherwise.

Positive: Accepting the mission that your energy and days are up and down. One day I am full of energy. Then there is yesterday and today where my energy is hiding somewhere......I accept this mission to not force myself to do much. Just be. Listen to podcasts. Clean half the bathroom. Chant. Read a few pages. Put half the laundry away. Its all okay. I just might finish the bathroom later. Maybe. Who knows....

Positive: I am grateful for a spouse who recognized the burnout and we decided together to make this change. The wall was too tall to get over.....The climb had to come to an end. We are doing better with each other too. Our life is way more important than a job. Our health is more important.

Some things are mine to fix. Some things are not mine to fix. Its best to know the difference between the two. Some things are what they are and have always been. That is also not mine to change or fix or dissect or get around or redesign or......at this point in time be a part of. Toxicity can do a number on a person. Whatever role I played in the toxicity was not a role I wanted to continue to play. I just don't want to be that person.

Positive: It is okay to let things go. To move forward. Right now my forward involves these two words to myself "THANK YOU" .....

When I start to ruminate.....Cause I have a deep deep propensity to ruminate, I say "THANK YOU" and involve myself in something else. "Thank you for your concern but this thought process is not productive."

Eventually, my brain will get the message. We thought about it all too much anyways. There is nothing more to think about. The questions or thoughts never had any answers. Its unsolvable stuff. I would rather find the solutions to my own life which I believe I am truly doing now.

Positive: Im officially in therapy.

So..There is a lot to be grateful for and a lot to gain from this decision.

859 days sober.