View Single Post
Old 01-17-2023, 08:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Hatguysgirl

Financially, I was also terrified. I was spending all of my money on bills and household expenses, and he *almost* paid for daycare. To him, giving me half of his pay was plenty, and ignored the fact that he had half of his pay as spending money, while all of mine was spent. I figured I'd break even after he started paying child support. I never realized that 75% of the food bill was just him. I went from spending $800 a month on food to just over $200. 1 person out of the 5 of us was eating $600 in food a month. Holy cow. So once I start getting child support (if he doesn't quit his job, which he probably will sooner or later) I'll actually be able to save money for the first time in years! I was shocked when I realized that. I can even almost pay all the household expenses on my own now that I'm not feeding him.
​​​​​​
I had so much fear when everything happened. But all that's gone now. I was an anxious mess, terrified at how I would get everything done, and feed and clothe the kids. What a difference 4 months has made! Not to say I'm not still sad. But we're all so much better off without the addiction in the house. I'm so glad I got off the rollercoaster.