Thread: Falling down
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2023, 01:49 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Wes B

Originally Posted by Redempsean View Post
Morning of day 5.

Yesterday I returned to work and there was a huge incident that needed to happen. My job is great except for 2 people who have made my life very difficult there. Yesterday morning I returned nervous, sweating and still detoxing. The bullying picked up right where it left off and I snapped. I went into my manager's office and embarrassingly broke down and told him everything and I can't work here anymore etc. I told him about my drinking and how I had 11 months up before starting this job. I told him how my treatment by 2 superiors has worn me down and I believe contributed to mental health issues and eventually drinking.

Manager was understanding and offered to move me to another department which is great but I have to finish out the week in the same department. I am sitting here before work nervous as hell. I don't want to even be there another second.

I nearly drove straight to the bottle shop after incident yesterday but went and talked to my father. I'm glad I did.

Sorry to post a long rant like this. I am really struggling. I feel horrible and this work situation is killing me. I'm praying to God to help get me through.

Thanks for listening, hope all of you have a positive sober day
You should be proud of yourself mate, work confrontations are never easy but you got through it. Give yourself a massive pat on the back 👍

And good work on getting another day, keep it going 💪