Old 01-06-2023, 08:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
RDBplus3

Is it possible to be a good parent/role model with alcoholism?
My experience:
+Actively Using Alcoholic / Addict - Not really - It is VERY possible to have good intentions, and it is VERY possible to be a good parent 'as much as possible' - but this is subjective to the DELUSION of the Actively Using Alcoholic / Addict. The REALITY of the overall / full spectrum of life, as it affects ALL THE HOSTAGES in the Life-Sphere of the Actively Using Alcoholic / Addict is VERY DIFFERENT from the DELUSIONS.
+ Recovered Alcoholic/Addict Living Fully in the state of being Happy, Joyous and FREE of the Drinking/Drugging - ABSOLUTELY.
WHAT WE HAVE IS A DAILY REPRIEVE BASED ON THE MAINTENANCE OF OUR SPIRITUAL CONDITION.
In this constantly maintained state, I KNOW that I have a 'Condition' that I cannot safely EVER use Alcohol or Drugs - this 'Condition' is MY personal reality. The Maintenance of My Spiritual Condition, based on the 12 Steps of AA, as based on the Biblical Concepts they are derived from, keeps me practicing Spiritual Principals that work effectively in relation to Others (especially my immediate contacts such as family), to Myself (Inner Drives, Automatic Responses, Feelings, Core Beliefs, etc), and my Creator.