Old 12-28-2022, 07:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mags1
Magsie

New Year…New Road ~ Weekenders 30 December 2022 - 02 January 2023

New Year…New Road ~ Weekenders 30 December 2022 - 02 January 2023

Is it possible to start over?

Every year I would make new year resolutions only to break them within days (especially the one about cutting down my alcohol intake).

It was a difficult thought that I couldn’t drink without getting blotto. The alcohol seemed to have taken over my life and become a driving force I couldn’t resist.

How did I get control over my life again?

I did just a day at a time, alcohol free, to start with.

Then the days became weeks, months and so on.

It was and is the best thing I did for myself. I say this many times throughout the days, weeks, months and years I’ve been sober.

This road less travelled has bumps in the road occasionally but if you stick with it, learn the pitfalls, following in the footsteps of those who are travelling, all at different parts of the road, you’ll find a life after booze on this new road..new direction.

I will be here along with many others, all of us ex drunks and alcoholics. We are your scouts and can tell you what is on the trail ahead so you can be ready for any obstacles. I can tell you to come on! It is rocky and slippery but if you focus on where you place each step, you will have no trouble getting to where I am on the trail.

All of us can tell you where the potholes are, bumps in the road, and the slippery places, but we can't walk your path for you. We can only take joy as you succeed, and cheer, one and all!