View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 06:39 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  
Mizz

Everything is moving along. I spent a great deal of time last week creating structure in the areas I manage. Writing out a comprehensive guide for all the tasks we need to accomplish. With guidance and a detailed format there is no reason that we cant accomplish our work.

With all the different personalities it can be hard to figure out how people learn and thrive. So, I am taking all the steps necessary to empower others. Some implementation had resistance. Some implementation created headway. Some implementation had people in tears and big reactions. So, I keep throwing structure at the wall to see if it sticks. No one can say I am not trying as hard as I can to make all the areas stay afloat. With the structure, I am hopeful the people I manage rise to the challenge with a spirit that they will never be defeated.

I held a team meeting with the new and improved structure. I created a communication log and we write in it daily. I printed and reprinted the structured guide. Then I wrote everyone else a structured guide for their departments (just kidding) lol!

Actually, my spouse said "You wrote a guide for your areas and then wrote a guide for everyone else's areas, Then you wrote a guide on how to follow the guide for your areas and everyone else's areas!" One of my coworkers rolled her eyes in a loving way at the new "Comprehensive Guide."

She may think I am over achieving or she may have to write her own guide in the future. Not my problem. I will not work in chaos even though the environment is 100% chaotic. We will succeed by identifying our challenges and finding solutions. We march into our future feeling accomplished and feeling empowered.

All of that being said, last week was rough. The above is the happy version. I was walking through sludge for a few days. A person might ask why this structure did not exist before? Pandemics can really turn everyone's world upside down.

advbike- I hope your knee is feeling better. I like hearing about all that is going on with your new home. It sounds like it has really kept you busy. You certainly juggle a lot everyday. Keep on moving forward. Are you painting the home yourself or hiring?