Old 12-03-2022, 01:41 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Free2bme888

It’sMaria, I’m glad it’s your birthday! 🥳🎉🥳🎉🎉

Sometimes becoming comfortable in our own skin is uncomfortable. Take a shower. Drink water. Eat chocolate. Do your nails. Do something you’d like yourself for, which certainly isn’t drinking. Clean a junk drawer. Clean out the fridge.

Kaily, I’m sorry your having AV issues. Picking up and pricing hard liquor bottles seems like your letting those urges stay for tea. Is there any way to change the longing? Can you look at old posts, or perhaps find a post here of someone relapsing and being so happy about it? (Trick suggestion, I doubt you’ll find someone that is happy they took a drink, because the “escape”:it once held for us is LONG gone, and the misery is there as if we never stopped). I’m praying for you, sweetie. 🙏🏼❤️🤓

My brother shot himself in the head 40 years ago on Christmas Eve. Untreated depression coupled with drinking and holidays is a deadly combo. His action cost me not only my brother, but most of the Christmases since then. It’s awful. I can’t change what happened, no matter how many times I play the tape of our last conversation, apparently within an hour of the “escape” he chose.

Big hugs to anyone reading here who is active in their addiction and wish to stop.

You can, we BELIEVE. Do YOU?