Old 12-01-2022, 06:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
MLD51
Giving up is NOT an option.

I'm in!
Congratulations to everyone with milestones today, and congratulations on the new job, mns1.
Glad to hear things are better with your gf, AthensDawgs.

I am not a huge fan of the holiday season, but I do enough so that I'm not considered a scrooge. I feel like it's so commercialized and puts too much pressure on people to make it perfect and magical and over-the-top. I am good at picking out and giving gifts, that is my favorite part. I decorate a minimal amount. I put up and decorate a tree, and hang a wreath on my front door. I used to decorate a lot, but I just can't be bothered now that I live alone. I wouldn't even bother with the tree, but I have heaps of lovely ornaments that have sentimental value, and I like gazing at a lighted tree when it's dark and cold and snowy outside.

I'm starting to get very excited for my daughter to come home from college in New Jersey for almost two weeks! 22 days now before she arrives. That will be the best thing to happen this winter. I have some fun things planned for us to do. She will want down time, too. So I'll have to take it easy on her if I can. She's doing very well in school, loving living with her friends in Jersey City, going into NYC for fun activities, and basically being a young woman on her own. She's finally got her diagnosis for ADHD, and is on medication, which I can tell is helping her a ton. Grateful for all of this, and more.