View Single Post
Old 11-06-2022, 05:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hatguysgirl

Major memory lapses, how worrying is it?

My husband is an alcoholic who I kicked out about 5 weeks ago now. He also vapes a lot of THC products (he had been smoking but as finances have been an issue and he had been wanting to stop smoking he switched to vaping after he left.) We have had a few evenings with the kids (trying to be friends) which went very well. Well his cat has been missing for almost 3 months now, and the cat came home this evening. So I sent him a message all excited about his cat, and he was not excited. I asked why and he did not remember that the cat has been missing. About 3 weeks ago he had asked about the cat, and mentioned that he had not seen him for weeks before he left. I sent him that screen shot and asked if he is okay. He claims that he is just tired. But, he loves this cat. We have had him for 9 years, since its birth in our home. I know his drinking has likely increased since leaving home (and he was drinking 6+ craft beers a night here) but how worried should I be that he can't remember his cat has been missing? We are supposed to go to dinner tomorrow as he wants to discuss his 'not knowing what he wants' and I don't know if I should bring it up or let it drop. I had been hopeful that that he might be considering getting some form of treatment, but now I'm worried that his delusions have developed into something worse. He likely hasn't been eating much as he's lost quite a bit of weight as well. Or is this common when alcoholics get worse?