Thread: Cirrohsis ?
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2022, 06:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
kes

Nice to meet you AK,

I had full liver function tests back in June, before going into a detox unit for a 10 day alcohol withdrawal programme. My results were BAD. Whilst it wasn't cirrhosis, it wasn't far off. A liver gamma test should have a score of 20-40 for a normal liver, over 100 is considered bad, mine was 460. My doc and key worker were alarmed and speeded up the process of getting me in asap.

I'm now on day 140 without a drink. I had bloods taken last week and got the results back today (weird seeing this post as I literally got them back this afternnoon). They had fallen to 34 and all other tests were normal. My doc is amazed as ia my social worker and key worker.

The reason I'm replying is, go and see the doc, get the tests to establish where you're at. Don't panis if the results are bad, like mine were, as the liver is so resilient and rapidly repairs itself, providing you totally quit drinking, eat healthy food and drink plenty of water.

I hope this is calming and gives you a sense of positivity for the future. You CAN get better

I also recommend inpatient detox, it saved my life. I wouldn't have lasted another 12 months, according to my team, and here I am with a normal functioning liver.

Hope this helps.

PM me anytime if you're you're panic is horrendous and I'll talk you throgh my treatment.

Good luck and ATVB,

Kes