Old 10-29-2022, 10:38 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Tetra

I just went out in the rain for a newspaper.

Unfortunately there's an article in this one entitled "Toll of Friends star Matthew Perry's drink and drug battles". I knew he had major problems but I had no idea how serious they were - like mine I suppose. We have no clue really how much others are suffering.

I know he has a book coming out, and I had planned to buy it, but I don't think I will now. This article has upset me so much, i think I'll have to pass on the book.

There's another article in the sports section of another paper involving an Irish sports player where he has a book out also reflecting on "the years of alcohol abuse, the depression, the loss of his marriage and hiw he fought back and survived". Another one to avoid i think.

I don't know why these articles are upsetting me a lot these days. I have read Caroline Knapp's Drinking: A love story several times. Anytime i needed a a kick up the "bum" so to speak, that was the book I returned to, time and time again. Unfortunately I left my copy of it at my parents house and I haven't been back there for a while. I could do with it right now.

Anyway, onwards and upwards like Irelands cricketers, for all of us!