Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Trick Or Treat this Weekend? - Weekenders 28 - 31 October 2022

Notices

Old 10-26-2022, 09:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Magsie

Trick Or Treat this Weekend? -

Weekenders 28 - 31 October 2022

Welcome to the Weekenders

Trick Or Treat?

This could be how I used to see our AV.

Once upon a time I thought of drinking as a treat,

Treating me with a drink after a hard day, or a drink after a good day.

Then my AV got greedy, wouldn’t stop. One drink wasn’t enough anymore and yet again the sly AV had Tricked me into a Treat, but I didn’t know when to stop, having no ‘off’ switch.

If you’re celebrating Halloween this weekend, take care not to fall for the Trick And Treating AV (Addictive Voice).

If this is your first weekend sober, or many, come join us for support and chat...as we know the weekends can be a struggle sometimes. (We’re here all week too!)

Old 10-26-2022, 09:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Yield beautiful changes

Shotgun! I'm in for a sober weekend! It'll be a treat!

Thanks for the awesome post, Mags.
Old 10-26-2022, 09:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good to see you Toughchoices. Congratulations on shotgun!
Old 10-26-2022, 10:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ooh just miss Shotgun. Let me see if I can get it next week.

End of Day 347 - Good night from Seattle.
Old 10-26-2022, 10:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Magsie

Goodnight calmself, sleep well.
Old 10-26-2022, 11:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Dee, I ended up wearing them for a little over an hour and the took them off for a while, , an hour later I put them back on and, finished my exercises. . They did get a bit much after an hour or so.

Can''r wait to get the dumbbells to do my chest and arm exercises.

Found our from the home health nurse that since I was in active for so long, they have to enroll me in their program again, start over. So she said she'd tell the bosses and start the re-enrollment process.

So there is no home health nurse doming this week so will have to change my dressing myself. Luckily I know how to do that so it's no problem. I have all the quitrent I need so it will be easy.

Just changed my dressing. It was easy. Now I don't have to change it again til Friday. Then again on Sunday. The wound is looking good. It's getting smaller and looking clean. I cleaned it good with saline and a gauze pad, then cleaned it with Dakins wound cleaner. I wrapped it too tight so unwrapped it and wrapped it again, a bit looser.

Billie is sleeping on the sofa so it's time for bed. . Nighty night weekenders.

Old 10-27-2022, 12:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Mags. I'm IN for another sober weekend.

ToughChoices, congratulations on Shotgun

Least, good to see you posting. I hope you are feeling a little better and a little stronger.
Old 10-27-2022, 12:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Magsie

Least pleased your leg wound is healing up well.

Hi Robbie
Old 10-27-2022, 01:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

“BOO!”

In for a spooky sober weekend

(Just treats please)
Old 10-27-2022, 02:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks for this new chapter Mags

Count me in for another sober weekend ☼
Old 10-27-2022, 05:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks Mags
I am in. Today is my FIL's service, tomorrow is the home inspection and early Monday morning Mr. A has to go out of town.
Least, I mentioned it in another thread. I would recommend not wearing the weights because it can cause a change in your gait pattern and end up hurting your hips and or back because of the change.
Old 10-27-2022, 06:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I'm IN! Thanks, Mags.
I'll be treating myself this weekend -- with hiking, yard work, and a ride or two in the convertible. We are having warmer and drier than normal weather here, so I am looking forward to another weekend of being outside a lot. Last year by this time I had the convertible all put away for the winter.

I'm pleased to report that I have not sneaked any of the halloween candy I bought weeks ago. Bags are still unopened. I'm trying very hard to cut down on sugar. I don't have as much self-restraint as I'd like to have in that area. Something I am working on. I have not welcomed trick-or-treaters to my home in a few years, for various reasons, but I'm looking forward to it this year.
Old 10-27-2022, 06:04 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks, Mags. I can remember when a drink was a treat; that was when I could drink just one or two. It became poison and hellish, though - a true demon.

Thinking of you, Alpine, as you navigate the many waters you are traveling these days.

Really good to see you here, least.

and love to all.
Old 10-27-2022, 07:20 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks Mags, IN FOR A SOBER WEEKEND and in case you are wondering, I‘m typing this way in the hope that it might entice some regulars who havent posted for a while to come join us again this weekend.
Old 10-27-2022, 10:16 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Magsie

Alpine, All the best for your Fil’s service today.

CaptainHaddock, very colourful words.
Old 10-27-2022, 10:32 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks Mags, and Captain!

least, it’s a treat to have your wound healing and empowering to be independent!

Hello everyone, getting closer to home after 8 weeks on vacation or on a philanthropist work trip, and road trip.

Drinking stopped being a treat for me a long, long time ago. I was tricked by marketing, by media, and the manufacturers of alcohol.

I bask in the treat of being alcohol free. The treat of remembering the WHOLE evening the night before. The treat of not being sick to my stomach, and especially not being sick of the broken promises and lies to myself.

Yep, I’ll take all the treats this sober weekend offers, without the calories or GUILT.

👻🧌🦹🏼‍♀️💀🎃🤖🎭

Old 10-27-2022, 10:33 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Old 10-27-2022, 11:08 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Welp, any Tricks I pulled were long ago, and that's a good thing. It's now on to the Treats of Sobriety which just keep on unfolding as The New Normal.

We're a Mile off the nearest County Road, so any Candy around is MINE. ALL MINE!

The last Month or so has seen me trying to stay a step ahead of multiple Contractors. We had a Stone Facade put on the lower 4' of the House, and on 4 Pillars on the massive Arts & Crafts-inspired Porch. Some dodgy Decking on the 2 Story Outbuilding was replaced, and a new Metal Roof there is next in a few Weeks. Some Exterior Wood Trim and Beams staining on the House happens this Weekend in better temps.

We ducked over the Denver to see 'The Who' do a fab Show from excellent, pricey Seats. Their >2 Hour Set included my personal ode to Alcohol: 'Won't Get Fooled Again'. That trip included not one, but two, incidents of Road Rage that I had nuffin' to do with in terms of inciting anything. Lotsa crazy, angry Folks out there awaiting 'something' to get all triggered over. So, I was glad to beat Feet back here to idyllic MesaVille. Sheesh!

A lil Storm Front came & went, and the Sun is popping out vs. this Pic taken earlier this Morning. Time to go throw the Tennis Ball endless times for MesaPup...

Stay warm, Folks, and thanks, Mags...

Old 10-27-2022, 01:00 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Smile

The home health nurse came today and not only changed my dressing, but re enrolled me in the program, so looking forward to seeing my PT Felix next week. . Alpine and Dee and anyone else - I promise I won't wear the ankle weights around the house but will only put them on to do my exercises. . I appreciate your concern and advice.

Am in a good mood today. . Woke up feeling good except for the back pain. Took my pain med and now the pain is much less.

Sent an email to the complex managers asking for a guy to come and fix the bathroom sink drain cause it's backed up.

It's a beautiful day in California. .
Old 10-27-2022, 01:26 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
I'm in for the weekend!
Free, great pics! Are you in the US? I love how into Halloween everyone is there.
We are getting much better at it in the UK and I even have a Halloween 🎃 box now, Nowhere near the scale of the Xmas decs box but its a start.
looking forward to a sober weekend.