Old 09-24-2022, 06:43 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
MesaMan

Roses are red
And, my kinda fun
Is skipping the BS
That goes with Day 1

Burma Shave

As with so many others here, I simply don't have another Day 1 in me. The stellar news: Effortless Sobriety, as I call it, allows me to skip all the 'Moth circling back to the Flame' impending destructiveness. That is, I don't constantly fight off temptation, or expend undue effort in not picking up. As with about anything in my past I've outgrown, or don't care about anymore, Sobriety patterns on Autopilot kick in over time to triumph over potential disaster. Whew! New patterns made possible by hanging here on always-available SR.

I have the rare AV intrusion, or drinking dream, and I just blow all that off. That such stuff still arises doesn't alarm me. I also randomly recall everything from a Childhood Dog, to a College GF. Yeah, Buddy! Urge Surfing past bad memories merits a shrug and a 'meh' reaction from me. No Large Deal.

For me, *over-reacting* to the AV gives it unwarranted power. As goes the ancient joke: 'Doctor, Doctor, it hurts when I do that'. 'OK, so don't do that'.

Superb Fall Weather forecast for 10 Days out. Full or partial Sun. 74 F [23 C] Degrees. Crisp Mornings: 44 F [7 C] earlier. It's too invigorating to dull these times in what is medically called a 'Persistent Stupor'. A pathetic state I drank myself into nonstop where you're never really fully alert, and living Life. My Sotted Irony: tackling Life became much easier than avoiding it.

Thanks, Mags...