Thread: Why ?
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2022, 03:33 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
kes

Hi Toffee/SR guys,

I guess I drank because I loved the "hit" it gave me. It made me feel brand new. Given ANY bad situation my "best mate" would always lend a hand, no problem, to get me through. Then it turned on me, big time. Like a loan shark wanting the money back with huge interest.

I've got to hand it to the grogg, It's the best conman that's ever exited. It had me hook, line and sinker. It felt like it owned my soul. Best friend to worst enemy, not overnight though. It was cunning, a creeper if you will, slowly sneaking up and then WHAM, it had me. Like a python in the jungle, it wrapped round and wouldn't let go . The more I fought, the tighter its grip, choking me slowly, drawing every last breath outa me. Then along came rescue, its name was "inpatient detox". It ripped the snake off me and it went away. It's not dead, just lingering out there still waiting, so I've got to stay one step ahead. That to me is you guys, SR and meetings. That's my ammo should it ever try and sneak up on me again. I'm armed and dangerous this time.

Sorry guys for ranting, but that's my take on it. I hope it makes sense??!