Old 09-21-2022, 08:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mags1
Magsie

Day One’s a thing of the past? Weekenders 23 - 26 September 2022

Day One’s a thing of the past?

Weekenders 23 - 26 September 2022

When attempting to stop drinking many times over the years I always ended up failing miserably and starting over again and again.

I couldn’t understand how alcohol could have such power over me so much so I’d usually fall at the first hurdle.

Until I found there was a way I could stop drinking and be happy doing so. It didn’t seem possible to me to have happy and sober in the same sentence.

When I found SR I was a few months sober but going through hell, or so it felt. So I was willing to learn how to have a life after booze with no more day 1’s.

Reading experiences from other like-minded members who had travelled this road before me gave me sober tools and sober muscles to keep moving further down the road.

Until Day 1’s we’re a thing of the past.

Does ‘no more day 1’s’ sound like something you want in your life? If so there are many people here like yourself who started their journey on Day 1 who can help you.

I will be here along with many others, all of us ex drunks and alcoholics. We are your scouts and can tell you what is on the trail ahead so you can be ready for any obstacles. I can tell you to come on! It is rocky and slippery but if you focus on where you place each step, you will have no trouble getting to where I am on the trail.

All of us can tell you where the potholes are, bumps in the road, and the slippery places, but we can't walk your path for you. We can only take joy as you succeed, and cheer, one and all!