View Single Post
Old 08-28-2022, 10:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jmerica711

Good morning! New to SR

Hello all, I've been browsing a few days, reading stickys, it's been helpful. Today I'm 30 days no booze. I've been drinking regularly since I was 15, now 38. Last few years been drinking 6-8 beers or more in the evenings after work, and the weekends staying drunk..every activity has always had a beer in hand. Not married or any kids so always figured wasn't hurting anyone but myself. I decided to quit because it finally dawned on me it's not sustainable to drink everyday, and I've known I've had a problem for along time. About 4 days into soberity, I was driving home from work, depression and anxiety hit me like a ton of bricks. My mind went into overdrive, non stop thinking about everything in life, questioning every aspect. I quit my job, figured I needed some time off and try to figure things out. The last few weeks haven't had many cravings, other than grab a beer and you'll feel "normal " again. I've been sleeping but not too great, takes along time to fall asleep mind racing. Last few weeks I'll get up, do a few things around the house, then back to bed too try and stop thinking so much, reading everything about AUD, timelines, brain chemistry, paws, ect.... I've had one episode of depression many years ago and remember what it feels like, it's not a nice place to be, I just feel dull and just blah about everything. I've lost my appetite, still eat dinner every night though. I know there's alot of changes going on right now, and it'll get better. I've been trying to go for walks and stay outside, which I know help. Also start back to work tomorrow, anxious, but i know it'll keep me out of bed and help distract my ruminating thinking I hope. When did yall start feeling a little bit better?