View Single Post
Old 08-20-2022, 08:28 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
2muchpain

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
It is really encouraging to hear how well treatment is going, and the weight gain is especially impressive during a course of chemo.

I am really happy to hear this update John—at this rate, it does seem like getting back to work is something that could happen pretty soon—when are you thinking?

I am still mulling over the housing options you have shared. What is the VA option like? Right now, maybe staying put in your current place and getting the support help if needed might be the least difficult until you are through the treatment and back in the gym.

I’m curious how close each option is to your workplace—that would be very important if you are going back later this year or early next year. Also, do you have to renew a lease where you are right now? This might limit your choices if so. Wait list for the place you just saw may also be a factor. Getting on a wait list is a pretty low-risk thing to do even if you don’t move, so that might be a good idea also.

Any tomatoes ready yet on your plant, or is the green foliage just taking over you deck ? Who knew you had such a green thumb!
I'm hoping to get back to work after Labor Day, maybe sooner depending on what is offered. I'm sure I can work half day assignments.
The VA provides respite care. One is a nurse that drops by how I am doing medically, another comes by to help with daily routines. Another one is I move into a VA facility should my problems gets really bad. I don't see a need for any of these services right now, but maybe down the road. If I move into the retirement community I just checked out, it would be outside the area for the schools I normally work at. Staying where I am makes the best sense for now. Right now, just looking at my options should things change. Just want to be prepared. I would have to put $1500 down at the retirement place I checked out to be put on the waiting list, but it might go to the first months rent or get a refund should I decide to opt out. I just signed a new lease, but would consider breaking it if needed. I was told that if a doctor writes a letter saying the place I am currently living in can't provide the services I need, they would have to allow me to break the lease without penalty.
Meanwhile, my one remaining tomato plant is growing like crazy!!!! Must be around three feet tall, but still no tomatos. Need to be patient I guess. Looking forward to adding to my mini garden. Just waiting for the right time. Have a good one!!!! John