Old 06-27-2022, 06:15 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Bekindalways

Originally Posted by NewHeart View Post
Do you think it would have been easier if you had lived the traditional life path? Do you feel like you missed out by not having your own biological kids?
No I don't think it would have been easier living a traditional life. As far as I can tell, marriage is often super tough and raising children is tedious and difficult work. Don't get me wrong; I put in that work with kids every chance I get. Of course many marriages are super rewarding too but there is one heck of a lot of chance and luck involved in the situation and no guarantees.

I should probably tell you, I'm a depressive and a do-gooder. I do not want to inflict my mental health on someone else. Staying single to me has become a way to do good in this world.

I feel strongly that any path I chose was giving up another one. This is just life. I could have lived a more traditional life but that would mean giving up the life I have lived. . . . . . irk . . . .I suppose this idea can be paralyzing specially when young. All I could do was make the best decisions I could at the time. I do struggle to forgive many of my past shortcomings but I just keep working on it.

Newheart, you might have to struggle with this for awhile. I wish I could say something to give you peace but all I can do is give you a bit of electronic camaraderie as you make your way in this thorny world.

Peace and courage to you brave person!