Old 06-14-2022, 04:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
tnman1967

Update, I didn't feel well all Sunday about this. It wasn't right to just put it by the curbside. I went out late at night fetch the bag and spent the rest of the night agonizing about what to do. My anxiety was sky high and I believe it's due to my own battles with addiction. I was heartbroken. So I went on a serious online search for clues about the residence and the address I had. I found social media accounts for the person and after much digging I lucked out and found references to the persons family. I got hold of the father online and now I was literrally debating out loud with myself. Should I contact him. How do I do this without sounding like I'm meddling. What if they get upset. I decided that I had nothing to be ashamed off and the worst that could happen was that they would just ignore me or tell me to go away. Much to my surprise they responded and was very glad to hear about my story and that I had their child's belongings. We set a time to meet this evening and the mother of the person as well as an adult child of the person showed up to meet me. I figured they wanted to know what happened and I told them everything and profusely told them how sorry I was. They took it in stride and was very grateful that I had the stuff and they said another sibling had contact with the person and was going to deliver the items. They also told me this has been a life long struggle for this person and they are an active drug user and they are worried sick but so far the person is refusing help. I have done what I can and I told them my story about alcohol and I think that put them at ease. I am finally rid of this emotional burden and I know most people probably would not have let it get to them like I did, but my heart breaks to see a person completely destroying their life. Thanks for listening to my rant. I'm one happy camper tonight.