Old 06-11-2022, 01:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tnman1967

Disturbing situation at my house last night

Hello, I can't find a suitable forum to post this in and I just need to get if off my chest. This morning I woke up about 5:30 am to look at my phone, and saw a message from my ring doorbell camera. It shows a person, gender doesn't matter, extremely intoxicated from most likely heroin or meth. I'm just and old fashioned alcoholic, if you can call it that, and I have no experience with any other substances so I'm guessing it was narcotics. The person never rang the door bell so I didn't wake up. They were shivering and running around in circles in extreme distress in the video. I went outside this morning and found a bunch of their belongings dropped all over my porch. Debit card, ID and such, as well as drug paraphernalia. I did an online research and found their supposed address. I was just going to drop everything off and act like I didn't notice what was really there. Turns out that when I get to the address, it obvious the person doesn't live there anymore. I wasn't going to talk to them but just basically leave the bag of belongings discreetly. I never did, because there was a couple in the yard doing yard work and they were absolutely not the person or even the same ethnicity of the person on camera. So I went back home to do more research and can't find anything about this person. The ID looks real battered, and obviously the person no longer has a correct address on the ID. I know I should just let it go but this has disturbed me. Mostly because it reminds me of all the times I did things like that, dropping all my belongings and not knowing where I've been. It caused me a lot of stress for no reason, and I don't fell well today. I have no one to talk to and I just needed to vent. So if anything, this is yet another reminder to never go back to that life of drinking or whatever else you did in your life. It such a miserable existence and I pray that this person gets help. Thanks for listening.