View Single Post
Old 06-06-2022, 07:54 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  
Grymt
All is Change

It’s good to have friends. So hang on to them while I’m honest about my feelings. (Note ‘I’ and ‘my’, I’ll get back to that later)

There is a feeling that you are a time waster. You say thank you for wonderful advice (as if you understand and take on board it) yet your actions are contrary.

It’s an opportunity to talk about the importance of honesty, generally and particularly for a dipsomaniac. Being an active drunkard by definition means being a liar. Most importantly lying to yourself. Few others except for unfortunate close friends and family are adversely affected by your acts of denial. But you resume a crawl towards madness or death by choosing to suppress your inner reality. You will suffer the most. Unfortunately children learn from parents about how to deal with feelings and who knows how that will go.

Anyway, ‘I and my’. I can let go of identifying with my opinions, advice and ideas so I’ll survive your time-wasting. Will you?

Wisdom is a knowledge in action, not something you read and cursorily think about. When you’re done wasting your time there’s work to be done.