View Single Post
Old 06-06-2022, 04:39 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Numblady

Grateful to see aamkirk, Canadian Koala and Caramel. I mean, grateful to see all but I see them less often.
Grateful for Hev’s beautiful reminders about all the things that alcohol is not. I think I’m especially struggling because I’ve been able to go back and enjoy it for a while then stop when it got annoying. But really. I didn’t enjoy it all that much. And things that are fun are just fun. And I always wanted to keep going when everyone else was done. Not to obliteration but I just don’t want the euphoria to stop. Yet it’s impossible to maintain so striving for it is a recipe for misery. Anyhow, thank you for the wise words.
Grateful for the salad inspiration. I’ve been meaning/vaguely trying to reconstruct a salad my friend made once that I think was just spinach, strawberries, yellow onion (??) and champagne dressing. I keep not getting it quite right somehow. Maybe because I tried to make my own dressing. It was not very awesome.
Grateful my daughter’s isolation period is just two more days. Hoping so much I stay negative.
Grateful for a/c. Going to be so brutally hot here. Over a week of 100 degree +. Saw one day with a high of 106.
Grateful for this group.