View Single Post
Old 06-05-2022, 05:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Numblady

Grateful to Dee and for the new part.
Grateful PS’ husband’s treatments are working. Hallelujah.
Grateful to see least and for her family support.
Grateful to CP for the trademark CP optimism and bringing a smile to my face. Sorry I missed it yesterday!
Grateful to all of you for the support around the stinkin’ covid. It helped me keep the smile going.
Grateful for the image of Turs getting water dumped over the head.
Grateful Alpine didn’t let the AV take over and for Hev’s beautiful words about coming to love being free of the obsession with drink. Okay I know those aren’t the exact words but something like that. This time around I am struggling to harness all the happiness I felt around various aspects of sobriety. I really want to get (at least mostly) past the obsession.
Grateful for BritBird’s book rec. I’ve added it to my list!
Grateful my daughter got to feeling somewhat better yesterday. I ended up taking her to the ER two mornings ago but it was unnecessary. My husband was in charge of communicating with the doc’s office and he told them she was having trouble breathing and couldn’t talk—so of course they told us to get to hospital asap (actually they said to call an ambulance). But really—she was talking and generally breathing pretty normally just had lost her voice. But then I didn’t want to be the mean idiot mom who didn’t take my kid to the hospital because I thought my instinct was better than medical advice. So $400 and many hours later, we got confirmation that her oxygen levels were perfect and it’s just going to kind of feel icky and raw for several days.
Grateful my husband consulted with the camp nurses and at least for now my son is at camp. They will have him mask indoors and wait until the 5th day I guess to test him. But he is in the camping program of camp so they sleep outside, regularly eat outside, and even their cabin is just screens and fans as opposed to hard walls so it’s really just in the mess hall I think.
Grateful i could comfort my son in the middle of the night the night before he left. I was so happy to be able to listen to his concerns and just be there (I mean, i was still quite out of it but not because I’d boozed it up before bed). Not as grateful to then be up the remainder of the night with my daughter but I made it through.
Grateful before my son left for camp he gave me the longest, best hug. (Assuming no covid, he’s gone for a month!)
Grateful for the sophisticated albeit kind of creepy facial recognition software for the camp photos. Love seeing images of what they are doing pretty much every day.
Grateful for some extra sack time, even if it doesn’t always make you feel more energy. Felt worth it at the time.
Grateful my dog doesn’t mind skidding around on the smooth floors—because it can be pretty freaking hilarious. Big old derpy girl pouncing, bouncing, and sliding.
Grateful that in spite of the weirdness of the day I got all kinds of crap done. It’s still never enough but got some lingering crap off the to-do list and that felt great. My daughter even got an energy burst and we cleaned out the game/puzzle closet. So many aspirations in the form of purchased board games staring me in the face but oh well! Maybe someone else will use them.
Grateful to all of you sweet grat packers.