Thread: Hello, again
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2022, 02:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
fishkiller

Good Work on 7 Months!

I know you said customer service is your main skillset but the service and construction industries are begging for help here. Not sure about where you are but we have companies offering $20 an hour to cut grass and cannot find help.
If you are thinking of school maybe look into HVAC. There will Always be a demand for those skills. Get certified and you should be able to pick and choose jobs.

The 1st year and a half I was floundering around looking for what the rest of my life looked like. I had recently retired and became bored and disoriented at where I should be and where I should go. I had learned a new skill and made it a business but soon after becoming sober I realized I had become fascinated learning the new skill but after that wore off I realized I did not care much for the work itself. Add the stress of making it into a business and I was becoming miserable.
I closed the business and thought for a while what to do. I cannot sit on the porch and drink tea all day.

I ended up going back to my original skill set and I am choosing the jobs I want not taking everything that comes my way. I am much happier.

I know the situations are different but they are also similar. We both got sober. Were unemployed and lost on where to go next.
What worked for me was staying sober, most importantly, and trying new things. Even though I went back to my original skillset, which I though I hated, I tried new things and that made me realize I did not hate what I had been doing all these years I hated The Way I had been doing it all those years. Drunk, stressed, covered in chaos.

Stay sober, get to know yourself better and try new things. You Will figure it out.