Thread: Hello, again
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2022, 11:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SDH73

Hello, again

Hi. I joined this site a few years ago. Haven't been here in a while. Things got much worse. Long strange trip and all that.

Anyway, I haven't had a drink since mid-to-late November (I'm not counting days), so a bit over 7 months sober.

Feeling stressed out about the rest of my life right now. Like, I'd kind of written myself off and thought I'd drink until it killed me. But now here I am sober.

The reason I'm posting here is because I lost my job when the sports bar I worked at closed due to COVID. I had worked there for almost 20 years. And I REALLY don't want to find another bartending job, or any other restaurant/bar job. The $ was nice but I always hated it and dreaded going to work. But that's pretty much my entire work history, customer service. So I'm looking around for a suitable job and I'm just completely unqualified to do most anything else.

Not having a pity party, just trying to organize my thoughts.

I'm in a decent position. Moved in with family so not many expenses currently. Got a gig giving private music lessons but it's very part-time and not sure if it'll ever be enough of a money-maker to be my sole source of income and allow me to be independent. I've thought about going back to school but...well, that's still on the table I guess. I don't know. I just feel adrift and aimless and all.

I'm guessing that others here have found themselves in a similar situation and I'm wondering what did you do about it? Or what are you doing about it? I need some encouragement or hopeful stories, please.

Thanks!