Old 05-25-2022, 09:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Free2bme888

Congrats on almost nine years!

if this weekend was like the others, in my drinking days, it would be no different than my weekdays.

For what had begun many years ago as a pleasure, an occasion on occasion, became a daily compulsion.

Id be repulsed at what I’d become, scared of how much I’d drink, and filled with harm to body and soul each morning.

What had begun as me taking a drink now and then, became sometimes that my drink would take a drink. WTH?

I would find empty bottles that I had to bury deep in the trash. Had I really drunk that much? I would add water to the liquor bottles to make them even the morning after while I made coffee. Wow, the drink sometimes took control, and took a drink. That wasn’t my intention.

I realized what the next step would be……the drink was going to take me……😫. I sensed it. The evil in the hell i was lost in. I had to find a way out.

i have.

Don’t let the drink take you. It won’t if you don’t allow it in your life. It is NOT your friend, your solace. It’s a killer.

Put it away, forever. You can. Deny the ache that lies to you, deny the lies to yourself. The ache and beast will wither away and become an annoyance rather than your grim reaper.