Old 05-07-2022, 07:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
spiderqueen

Originally Posted by User503 View Post
We texted back and forth for a day or two - I just wanted him to acknowledge and understand how he’d hurt me and why I was angry but he always turned the conversation back to himself and why I shouldn’t be angry.

I want to move on but I’m struggling with feeling used and just wanting some type of closure.
Sorry for what brings you here, but glad you posted.

You are struggling with feeling used because you were used. He turned the conversation back to himself because that's the only person he cares about.

He doesn't/can't/won't acknowledge you, your sacrifices, your generosity, your feelings, the loving, stable home you provided for him. We acknowledge you, though! We understand and can relate! And so could lots of other people. These are the people to surround yourself with from now on. There are lots of places to apply all of your natural care-giving talents and instincts where they will be appreciated.

As for closure, I craved it too with my alcoholic ex boyfriend - some final, definitive something to make it all make sense, to validate my pain and disappointment, justify all my sacrifices, all the second chances I gave him. But in the end, I had to create my own closure. I learned that I could thank myself, forgive myself, acknowledge myself and take care of myself. And then I could finally move on.