View Single Post
Old 04-30-2022, 05:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
zla997

Originally Posted by PeacefulWater12 View Post
Welcome, Noelaus, I noticed this is your first post so wanted to say hello and welcome you.

Glad to have you join us.
Thank you both for your words and shared experiences. In regards to living in separate homes now, yes - the peace I feel is overwhelming, even when I am sad that it has come to this. To not have to tiptoe around, check the recycling to see how much has been drank, and wonder if/when someone will be in a foul mood and direct it at me is quite a weight lifted...

With that said, as I explore my new city, I can't help but think of all the great restaurants I'd love for him to try with me, to join the recreational sports league with me, the interesting new hikes with the dogs, and how I wish we were experiencing this together.

As I'm sure is common, it's so challenging because "it wasn't always like this" (how many times has that been said?!) We've had incredible trips, adventures, day-to-day living, etc. but the alcohol was always the beast that sat in the back of the room waiting for its next opportunity to show it's ugly head.