Old 04-28-2022, 09:39 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
MLD51
Giving up is NOT an option.

I'm IN!
I had my "ping." I remember the moment very clearly. I have told the story here many times, so I won't again. The universe whispered in my ear "you really don't have to drink, ever again, and it will all be ok." Of course, there was a lot of work that came after that to make it a reality, but that moment was the first glimmer of hope I had had in a LONG time, and it really was the turning point. I haven't touched a drop since.

My little doggie is really sick. I took him to the vet yesterday because he has alarmingly sort of fainted a few times in the past few days after a very little bit of exercise. I suspected congestive heart failure, but the vet listened carefully to his heart, and didn't hear what he thought he'd hear, if that's what it is. He did a chest x-ray, which looked really bad. He thinks it could be tumors. Or it's possible that it's pneumonia. He's been really slowing down recently, and there are some symptoms that do line up with pneumonia, but I can tell the vet really thinks it's not pneumonia. He's not running a fever at all and so if it's pneumonia it's probably not bacterial and the antibiotics the vet prescribed won't do anything. We are also treating him with lasix to see if that helps his breathing (fast and labored if he moves around at all). But I'm feeling pretty pessimistic.