View Single Post
Old 04-28-2022, 04:46 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
PalmerSage

Brit, I LOVE a great bargain too - and of course, waking up from a drinking dream, it's such a relief when that happens!
Alpine, you are so sweet to take good care of your mom and MIL. And I agree with NL that the pie must be REALLY good.
NL, great point about the coffee getting the job done, that's the main thing. I'm so shocked at these hotels not having coffee makers in the rooms though! Unacceptable.
Hev, thanks for the inspiration to go to the thrift shop - maybe tomorrow - I am SO long overdue!
Aly, that's too bad about your mom. I feel like the denial can be SO strong with the older generation.
Free, glad you're not subject to 5:30 wakeup calls anymore!
Least, awesome news about the ultrasound!
Fearless, sometimes it can be good to clear the air with a ridiculous argument and then laugh about it.

Grateful for coffee, especially reading NL's post.
Grateful that we took my mom out to dinner for her birthday last night, even though let me tell you - it was a true cluster. They seated us WAY in the back of the restaurant and we had to wind through a ton of other tables with her walker and zero sense of direction. She wasn't able to cut her food, so my brother helped but then she kept trying to cut without being able to eat anything, so we moved some stuff around. In the end, we got it straightened out and she really seemed to like her meal. On the way out, we had a sense of humor about getting her to the car safely and my mom was laughing too.
Grateful that my big presentation from yesterday is behind me. It was in person, and to a group of VERY serious public safety chiefs. Grateful that was my last one for the week because someone else is taking one this evening. So grateful she is ready and willing to jump in and do it.
Grateful for a quiet morning.
Grateful for a partial office day today, the best of both worlds.
Grateful for an office where I can close my door and everyone will just assume I'm on virtual meetings.
Grateful to be really focused on mindful eating. As Free says, retraining my brain.
Grateful my inner voice has gotten a lot less critical lately.
Grateful to be dreaming of retirement.
Grateful to be sober.