Thread: Dry Drunk
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2006, 05:41 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by equus
Part of the human condition for growth isn't it? Dan - on my life, I've had to change my thinking to become unstuck countless times and I'm not an alcoholic. Does that make me a dry drunk? And if it does does those to whom it wouldn't apply only be those who never have to change their thinking?
Too many hypotheticals there, eq

I've said this before, and I'll say it again... The words dry drunk suit me. I can apply them to periods of my life. Again, though, pity the fool who calls me a dry drunk, for any reason.

To somewhat echo Peter's words, I don't think the descriptive has a place in online communication, and most certainly not if used to describe someone else's behavior.

Those that seem comfortable calling others dry drunks online almost invariably are very confused people, suffering from a range of emotional anomalies ranging from grandiosity to almost terminal lack of self-esteem.
One hopes that these people are on the cusp of the next spiritual plateau in their recovery journeys themselves. For it seems they've lost the comfort zone of the one they reside in now.