View Single Post
Old 04-23-2022, 06:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Fearlessat50

Hi Tinman!
Thanks Dee!
(((pj)))
((((aly))))
Alpine, nice that everything is unloaded. Though I understand the next part - getting everything organized - is also stressful
Least, poor Franny. I hope the treatment works and she’s ok
Hev, glad you and the daffodils survived
Numblady, I hope you are feeling better by now
Palmer, yes - things have been busy. Some of it is self inflicted. Ok, most of it is, not just some. The reason seems to be because of catastrophizing my life. Or, waiting for the other shoe to drop. Worrying that when that happens, I won’t have time to meet my work goals. So I work ahead. My goals for 2022 were assigned a month ago, and I’m 75% done. Lol. I’ve always been like this. Ever since my mom got very ill and I was just always waiting ready for her to die at any moment. I never wanted this to interfere with my life so I poured myself into school, and later work. But she didn’t die until I turned 40. By then, I had developed this pattern of living and thinking. It’s not a terrible thing. On the other hand hyper-vigilantly always scanning my environment for the next worst thing that can happen creates anxiety. Not sure this makes sense. I’m trying to focus on the NOW. My life is very good NOW. So what is the point of worrying what bad things could happen? My therapist really has encouraged me to reflect on this. Also, I’m thinking about how I was totally unprepared for many crises in my life, yet I always figured it out, even though it wasn’t perfect, and I came out stronger. I know I have resilience and that is good to remember.

By the way, just started watching Better Call Saul a couple weeks ago. Only in season 2 and loving it!
Grateful for seemingly endless bingeable series to watch
Grateful for a fun time and breakfast in Napa with a close friend. Grateful I don’t automatically equate Napa with wine like I used to
Grateful to say goodbye to the neighbors and give a gift. Planning to stop by one more time Monday for sonny boy to say goodbyes since he was with a friend today
Grateful to welcome the new neighbors moving in next week. Will miss the other ones but honestly even though I always thought of the potential, we never became that close. Have already met the new folks. Close in age and seem nice. Enjoy hiking. Grateful to think of friendship possibilities. Or at least feeling good about knowing they’ll be good neighbors
Grateful to be sitting in living room with Charlie looking at the view from the big windows and listening to jazz
Grateful for the beautiful Marin and Sonoma landscape. I never want to leave here. I am so blessed