Thread: Withdrawing ✌
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2022, 05:12 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
avoidant

Originally Posted by Hodd View Post
Blimey, avoidant, that’s a huge responsibility. It resonates with me as I was within an inch of relapsing when my mum was playing up. You’re going to need help. I, well my brothers and I, had go get social services and all sorts involved as old people can become unreasonable. Admittedly this was pre-covid, but you need to ask the hospital, the GP, etc., for support.

Certainly keep posting here if you want for support with your ongoing sobriety - well done on 2 weeks. Remember that however tired of wound up you get, don’t be tempted by a little drink as a reward. That’s easier said than done, but that’ll reset all your good work.

All the best for now.
Thank you for your support. It really helps to be able to post somewhere to get support related to my drinking.

Yeah, it's a huge pain in the bum honestly. You really have to fight for your healthcare when dealing with the NHS otherwise all you'll get is the absolute bare minimum. My mum and I going to talk to my Dad's consultant in the next coming days to see what can be done. Hope all goes better...