View Single Post
Old 04-03-2022, 02:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Brad41989

8 years of no alcohol today

I haven’t posted on here in 3 years. Sober recovery.com is where I started my sober journey 8 years ago. Life has been hard to say the least. My ex broke up with me 3 weeks ago right before our 3 year anniversary. I’ve been trying to focus on my mental health more now that I have more time on my hands. I did just start a job personal training. Which is something I’ve always wanted to do. I’m also almost debt free which was a goal I started focusing on last year. I’m trying to realize that life i happening for me and not against me but sometimes it feels hard with everything I’ve sacrificed to have someone up and leave you. I have to just let them go which is what I’ve done.

I think it’s a tough journey my life but there will be prosperity soon I just don’t know when. I didn’t think I’d be single at 33 but then again I didn’t think I would last 8 years without alcohol when I first started this journey either. Sometimes the right people come into your life at the right time and leave at the wrong time. After being through 3 relationships. 1st one 6 years 2nd one 2.5 years and my most recent one 3 years I feel as if I need to take this tome
blw to focus on myself and let someone come to me vs go chase people. Believing in your path is the toughest thing to do when it starts to get rocky and hard to walk on. That’s what builds us though to prepare for the smoother paths so we don’t take the for granted and enjoy them more. I will keep this post short. I hope everyone is having a good weekend and thank you for all your support over the years and continue to live a good life!