Old 03-23-2022, 05:32 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  
LoveHateWhine

Good Evening everyone!

SS -- good deal on the kicking the AV and getting to the gym. Mr. LHW and I are trying to lose some weight as well and have been trying to kick things up a notch. So nice when we see results!!!!

Bodhi - great job on the self care and eliminating toxic people. You were mahh-velous! (oyyyy...did I just date myself with that?)

Free - I hear ya on wanting to guzzle the margarita. I had the same thing a few days ago when I saw an ice cold stainless steel martini glass. It was like "get that over here"! But I didn't......it only takes a minute to redirect the thoughts. I am glad your house guests are far and few between now. Isn't it a relief when they all leave, no matter how short or long the visit was?

Hi Viking -- I totally agree with your comments about Bodhi's "friends".

We were invited to visit friends who live nearby for this coming Saturday afternoon for a few hours. These are friends of ours who moved down here 10 years ago, but they are originally friends of mine and the late Mr. LHW. When I met current Mr. LHW a few years ago, it turns out that he grew up with the husband of this couple so he is not really the "newcomer" when we are around them, which makes things a little easier than the awkwardness that Free and I have had when we are around friends of the late Mrs. Free or the late Mr. LHW. All that said, the invite was to "come over and have a few drinks before you guys head back north". I said that would be fine, we'd love to come visit, but both Mr. LHW and I are not drinking alcohol and would bring our own beverages. She said fine and that was that. She won't ask another thing. Her brother died of alcoholism 6 months ago and it was a really really bad scene for years.

Mr. LHW told me this evening that the iced green tea with lemon and spearmint leaves I make him tastes better than the Manhattans he used to drink!!!!! I agree it tastes great, but I can't do caffeine after 5pm and even a little green tea will keep me up all night. Still trying to find that right after 5pm beverage, but I think the club soda with cherry juice is definitely a front runner.

Well, off to binge watch some "Mrs. Maisel" with Mr. LHW. Hope everyone has/had a great evening.