View Single Post
Old 03-15-2022, 09:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Surlyredhead
Life is Grand

To the Newcomer, you are a ROCKSTAR!

If you have one day, one week, one month, you are AMAZING! 60 days, 90 days, INCREDIBLE!

Do not sell yourself short, be proud, stand tall. If you knew how many falls I had before I made it past 45 days you would flinch. The one thing that saved me was I kept trying!! Be gentle with yourself, forgive yourself for being sick, don't rush the process, shame has no place in recovery, you are AMAZING for being here at any stage. I mean that with every fiber of my being. One day becomes two, then three etc. if we stumble, One day still becomes two, then three, Never EVER give up fighting, you are worth it. It really does get better, I promise, but be patient, all good things take time. One day, YOU will be writing this post!! Don't ever let someone make you feel bad for being a success story!! The best is yet to come, even if it is a different future than you imagined, it will still be nothing short of a miracle when you are clean and Sober! You are a walking testimony!

Head up, shoulders back, you are someone special, you have a gift that most do not, a different perspective of gratitude!

Cathy