Notices

To the Newcomer, you are a ROCKSTAR!

Old 03-15-2022, 09:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

To the Newcomer, you are a ROCKSTAR!

If you have one day, one week, one month, you are AMAZING! 60 days, 90 days, INCREDIBLE!

Do not sell yourself short, be proud, stand tall. If you knew how many falls I had before I made it past 45 days you would flinch. The one thing that saved me was I kept trying!! Be gentle with yourself, forgive yourself for being sick, don't rush the process, shame has no place in recovery, you are AMAZING for being here at any stage. I mean that with every fiber of my being. One day becomes two, then three etc. if we stumble, One day still becomes two, then three, Never EVER give up fighting, you are worth it. It really does get better, I promise, but be patient, all good things take time. One day, YOU will be writing this post!! Don't ever let someone make you feel bad for being a success story!! The best is yet to come, even if it is a different future than you imagined, it will still be nothing short of a miracle when you are clean and Sober! You are a walking testimony!

Head up, shoulders back, you are someone special, you have a gift that most do not, a different perspective of gratitude!

Cathy

Old 03-15-2022, 10:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Lovely, encouraging post. Thank you!
Old 03-15-2022, 10:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The best decision you can ever make 🙏
Old 03-15-2022, 10:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Surlyredhead View Post
The best is yet to come, even if it is a different future than you imagined.
+1 Yes, when I started, I just wanted to quit drinking. I didn't think it would be this good. How can you after years of drinking? You have no standard for comparison.
Old 03-15-2022, 02:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thank you Cathy - I would thank your post twice if I could
D
Old 03-15-2022, 02:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Awesome post Cathy and so very true!!
Old 03-15-2022, 02:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm with Dee on that one Cathy.

I needed to read that today. I have a big day ahead and need to remind myself of how far I've come. Thank you.
Old 03-15-2022, 04:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

We’re all awesome here.

Although I’m officially 3 and a bit years sober, I spent a year before that cutting down (I didn’t realise at that stage I would never be able to moderate again), taking up exercise and creating the beginnings of a great new way of life to follow. I’m going to be harsh on myself, though, and say it needn’t have taken a year. Anyone actively quitting/withdrawing from alcohol dependence should be applauded, but in my opinion it needs to have a timescale of weeks or months and certainly not years. The sooner a drinker quits, the sooner they can start living properly.
Old 03-15-2022, 04:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks so much Cathy for that post. Some days you just need to read things like that. I needed it today
Old 03-16-2022, 03:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Love this, my sober buddy always says we are the true rockstars when we ditch the poison.
Old 03-18-2022, 04:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you for posting this it's the inspiration I need right now. You are very inspirational Cathy, I read you're story a couple of years ago and reread it again recently, if you can overcome what you did then I'm sure I can make 1 day roll into 2 and eventually more..