View Single Post
Old 03-12-2022, 08:16 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
PalmerSage

Alpine, I was thinking there was a photo or video of Riley already posted on SR somewhere - I've never attempted to post a picture myself! Sometimes I forget that this site is completely public. I really hope your house sells quickly and easily, it sounds like it will.
NL, being in a house by yourself must feel amazing! I feel like it will help to clear your mind and get away from the constant in-the-minute demands of daily life. Hoping you get as much peaceful solitude as possible.
CBS, that's great about your daughter moving, it will be so nice to have her close (but not too close!)
Free, I'm going to try "gently speaking." My husband is an extremely sensitive person who generally reacts defensively to criticism (in fairness, I do too).

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful to be able to really sleep in, and to wake up to this crazy snowstorm! It's so beautiful and I don't mind having plans cancelled.
Grateful my older son got into another college, which was a surprise. So grateful this whole process will be over soon. There are two VERY long-shot schools that I want him to hear from before he decides - then moving forward and not looking back!
Grateful for a nice meeting with my boss yesterday. She and I connect on a personal level whenever we have a chance to talk one on one, which is rare because of her role but still appreciated.
Grateful hearing about her job really makes me appreciate my own, so much more manageable by comparison.
Grateful my younger son is loving lacrosse so far. Grateful we can afford to let the kids do whatever they want to try. Also grateful that my husband and I are both fairly practical and constantly remind them that they will need to find ways to support themselves in the not-so-distant future.
Grateful for my bed.
Grateful to be sober, and for everyone here. You guys are the best.