View Single Post
Old 03-11-2022, 07:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

Hello, Flyer.......I have supervised the detox of many alcoholics. Some of what you share is confusing (to me...lol). Today is Friday, March 11. You say that your last drink was on Wednesday.....that was only 2 days ago?? Yet, you say that you are on day 8, right now of no drink. Can you clear this up for me.
Keep in mind that every single person is different due to so many different variables in each case.

From what you have shared, I suggest that you go to a private doctor's office and discuss your entire situation with him/her. The doctor can examine you and advise you on how to manage your detox from here on out. Whether you could use closely supervised inpatient medical attention----or whether it can be managed on an outpatient basis by the doctor. Sometimes, medications are prescribed for your comfort and safety when the detox is managed by outpatient ( meaning at home).

Yes, it is, in my experience possible to run into problems as late as 8 days out--or even longer, depending on the particular situation of a person.
Remember that you can and should go to an ER if your symptoms begin to worsen.

Why are yoou trying to do this without any help. There is no need to suffer or to run into dangerous medical problems---as help is available. It is always the smarter thing to do to take all the help you can get.

I, also, suggest that you get yourself to a meeting---AA or something similar. Putting down the bottle is only the first baby step toward sobriety. An important one, Yes---but, still the first step in the overall picture.