Old 02-17-2022, 07:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Surrendered19

Hi Contella. I'm sorry you are struggling. There is no typical or normal number of times people try and fail to stop drinking. Every morning for thousands and thousands of days I would swear off alcohol for good and be drinking that afternoon. I quit for good nearly two and a half years ago but I quit so many thousands of times before the final quit.

There is definitely hope for you and you can get on top of this. You have to take drinking completely off the table as a solution to any problem or as a response to any feelings. Period. That really is the only way.

I think if you give yourself some time, and trust yourself, you will see that you can have situations or bad feelings come your way, and they hit you, then they move on through. That was SO uncomfortable for me at first but it was so profound for me to learn that I don't have to fight feelings. I indeed needed to feel those feels and experience them and cry and rage at the sky, and then in the morning the sun would still come up.

We're with you on this road Contella.