View Single Post
Old 02-14-2022, 08:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
advbike

You are blessed FreedomFries. Many do not get that many chances. Your parents and others have been very supportive because they see the potential in you. The key to all of this is to do the work. I suspect you are a lot like me - a dreamer and a planner, but possibly not so good at implementation - doing the actual work. I flunked out of college the first time because I wanted to party more than study. Then I almost became homeless, but for the grace of God I found a job washing cars and driving for a car-rental company. After a couple years, I got a better job, and eventually they saw the potential in me, and my career in IT began. People believed in me like we believe in you, my friend, but at some point you simply have to do the work, which in your case means staying sober and either going to school or maybe getting out there and earning a living for awhile. I eventually went back to school and completed both my bachelors and masters degrees, but the real learning for me came from working, in order to survive.