Notices

I got a letter from my solicitor today

Old 02-14-2022, 02:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I got a letter from my solicitor today

Dear (FF),

I refer to this matter and our attendance at xxxx District Court on 9th February 2022 with you in relation to an alleged public order matter. Whereas the alleged offence was of a quite minor nature the difficulty that you are facing is that according to the Gardaí there have been at least 28 previous public order incidents. I note that you are engaging with the medical professionals and you should continue to do so. I note that you have had difficulties with alcohol for a number of years and it has done you no justice, particular when you have great support from your family and excellent employment and work prospects.

In any event in circumstances where your Garda record shows that you have an unblemished record Judge accepts the sum of 200e for the court poor box, and she struck down the prosecution against you. This continues to leave ypu without a conviction but as Judge noted you need to stop the drink and you are unlikely to get a chance again.

So I'm extremely lucky. I'm lucky my solicitor negotiated with the police officer not to bring up my 28 arrests. I'm lucky the judge gave me a chance. Mostly, I'm lucky my dad w a s there for me, and took time off work to see me through this. I'm lucky he raised me a certain way, and I wore a suit to court, unlike most of my attendee comrades.

I have a GP appt in a few mins. I'm going to ask for naltrexone. Wish me luck.

Old 02-14-2022, 02:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good news!! It’s another chance and a new beginning. Grab this gift with both hands and don’t let go!

Good luck with the Dr too 🤞🤞 x
Old 02-14-2022, 02:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dear FF, well that should be a nice piece of worrying off your mind. I myself am interviewing for jobs and think about my background check constantly. Enjoy this new chapter of enjoying your family, employment and being alcohol free with no new upcoming court dates. Maybe do something kind and special for yourself to remember how grateful and blessed you are to really have another chance. Tasty meal, a cozy nap, delectable dessert or a long walk to experience the pleasure of exercise.
starting my day too and look forward to a sober day.
Old 02-14-2022, 04:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Maybe all isn't lost. My solicitor thinks I have good job prospects. Maybe I could graduate, become an engineer and be happy. Maybe I could work a mechanical engineer for while, save up money, and go back to college and do a maths degree.
Old 02-14-2022, 04:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That is quite a number of people with a great deal of power all of whom see much in you worth saving FF. Honor their trust and their hope for your future and take this opportunity and run with it. You can be an engineer, earn a math degree and have all the happiness you deserve. I think we can all agree that alcohol is one of the things that could, once again, take that future from you. Do whatever you have to to stay sober.

I'm very happy for you FF.
Old 02-14-2022, 07:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is really good news for you, FF and I think it might be the push you needed to move forward with your life. You can make plans that will work for you and follow through.

I edited out the Judge's surname re anonymity. Thanks for understanding.
Old 02-14-2022, 08:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You are blessed FreedomFries. Many do not get that many chances. Your parents and others have been very supportive because they see the potential in you. The key to all of this is to do the work. I suspect you are a lot like me - a dreamer and a planner, but possibly not so good at implementation - doing the actual work. I flunked out of college the first time because I wanted to party more than study. Then I almost became homeless, but for the grace of God I found a job washing cars and driving for a car-rental company. After a couple years, I got a better job, and eventually they saw the potential in me, and my career in IT began. People believed in me like we believe in you, my friend, but at some point you simply have to do the work, which in your case means staying sober and either going to school or maybe getting out there and earning a living for awhile. I eventually went back to school and completed both my bachelors and masters degrees, but the real learning for me came from working, in order to survive.
Old 02-14-2022, 09:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good luck, new beginings 👍
Old 02-14-2022, 09:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Great news!
Old 02-14-2022, 10:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Your father is a good man Freedom.

Old 02-14-2022, 10:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good news FF. Hopefully you can build on the faith the Judge has shown in you and can get the help you need to move forward. As posted above, it is a new beginning and a fresh start but it's also up to you to make it happen.
Old 02-14-2022, 10:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Wonderful to hear this, FF. Life can be better than ever.
Hoping the GP appointment is helpful. Let us know.
Old 02-14-2022, 09:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
Your father is a good man Freedom.
Both my parents are wonderful. They've been there for me through the drink and meth and heroin and psychosis. I'm very lucky to have them.