View Single Post
Old 02-14-2022, 02:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
freedomfries

I got a letter from my solicitor today

Dear (FF),

I refer to this matter and our attendance at xxxx District Court on 9th February 2022 with you in relation to an alleged public order matter. Whereas the alleged offence was of a quite minor nature the difficulty that you are facing is that according to the Gardaí there have been at least 28 previous public order incidents. I note that you are engaging with the medical professionals and you should continue to do so. I note that you have had difficulties with alcohol for a number of years and it has done you no justice, particular when you have great support from your family and excellent employment and work prospects.

In any event in circumstances where your Garda record shows that you have an unblemished record Judge accepts the sum of 200e for the court poor box, and she struck down the prosecution against you. This continues to leave ypu without a conviction but as Judge noted you need to stop the drink and you are unlikely to get a chance again.

So I'm extremely lucky. I'm lucky my solicitor negotiated with the police officer not to bring up my 28 arrests. I'm lucky the judge gave me a chance. Mostly, I'm lucky my dad w a s there for me, and took time off work to see me through this. I'm lucky he raised me a certain way, and I wore a suit to court, unlike most of my attendee comrades.

I have a GP appt in a few mins. I'm going to ask for naltrexone. Wish me luck.